Founded upon the rich culture and values of India and rooted in the traditions of India, the University of Silicon Andhra (UofSA) serves its worldwide students and the local community by providing excellent research, professional, liberal arts, health, technology, sciences and education in which the whole person scholar-practitioner learning model is integral to the learning experience. UofSA is an inclusive and diverse learning community that provides an opportunity to the students to actualize their potential as scholar-practitioners and to contribute to their local and global community with excellence, professionalism, and integrity
The University of Silicon Andhra will be known worldwide for its innovative programs that infuse and embed the rich traditions of India in its liberal arts based research, sciences, health, technology, and professional programs. UofSA will create an educational journey for its students which will educate aspiring leaders worldwide in all sectors of society.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) describe the abilities, skills and knowledge that students will acquire at the University of Silicon Andhra (UofSA). The five ILO’s below describe the competencies that every student will have after successful completion of her/his education at UofSA.
- Knowledge and Critical Inquiry: UofSA graduates will have a strong knowledge base in their academic major. UofSA graduates will engage in critical inquiry to evaluate ideas, beliefs, and values to decipher their meanings and purport.
- Cultural Awareness: UofSA graduates will have a thorough awareness of the cultural history and diversity of their academic major and appreciation of the diverse points of view both from emic and etic perspectives.
- Applied Learning: UofSA graduates will creatively apply their knowledge, critical inquiry, and cultural awareness to the complexities of contexts and sub-contexts of human culture and conditions.
- Communication: UofSA graduates will communicate with clarity and in a precise manner using written, oral, and nonverbal language, and expressing an awareness of the surroundings, the situation, and the audience.
- Scholarly Research and Information Literacy: UofSA graduates will be scholar-practitioners in their fields and information literate. They will be able to find, organize, understand, critically examine and use information from various sources using a variety of technologies.
Our Logo Explained
Our Logo Explained
University of Silicon Andhra is committed to providing a dynamic and unique learning environment built on Indian classical arts and American modern technology. The colors of the logo signify the union of the East and West thought processes.
- Orange, White and Green representing India while Red, White and Blue represent the United States of America.
- The four colored elements of different sizes symbolize that knowledge comes in different forms, shapes and types.
- The smooth flowing contours of each element represent the Character, Culture, Creativity and Community of the academic body with unity in diversity.
- The central White space represents the open learning environment always surrounded by vibrancy.
Purna Kalasam, literally means a ‘Full Vessel’ and here symbolically it is a sign of plenty of learning opportunities. All the items used in the ‘Purna Kalasam’ signify life in its bloom and plenty. It also indicates that human beings are part of nature and when nature thrives human beings too flourish. The invisible part of the ‘Purna Kalasam’ denotes its connection to the vastness of the universal knowledge pool. University of Silicon Andhra is committed to providing a dynamic and unique learning environment built on Indian classical arts and American modern technology. The colors of the logo signify the union of the East and West thought processes.
The University of Silicon Andhra (UofSA) strives to define an individual’s cultural identity and refine their talents by providing a variety of education programs offered by a distinguished faculty, and to prepare them to be ambassadors of Asian Indian culture and tradition.
UofSA plans to take an active role in shaping the future of Indian fine arts and linguistics by providing exemplary education and research programs to the community and encouraging its students to serve as the advocates of Indian fine arts and linguistics on a global platform.
UofSA aims to attract and retain renowned faculty members in all disciplines, by providing a collaborative work environment and involving them fully in the artistic and educational life of the community.